Cardio and strength training, or some combination of the two, are the cornerstones of any solid workout program. But one of the most overlooked elements of a comprehensive program comes at the end of the workout—stretching.1
Stretching is something you know you should be doing, but it’s also the part of the workout that’s very easy to skip. You may think you don’t have time for it, don’t need it, or don’t want to waste your time, but this is probably one of the best ways to end any workout.
Stretching when your muscles are warm has a number of benefits including:
* Building greater flexibility overall
* Relaxation and stress relief
* Helping your body get back to its pre-exercise state
* Giving both your mind and body a chance to reflect and feel the impact of the workout you just did
* Reducing post-exercise muscle soreness and stiffness
The great thing about stretching is that you don’t have to spend a lot of time on the exercises to get the benefits. This total body flexibility workout proves it with stretches so simple, you can do them anywhere—after a workout, at work, or even when you’re watching TV.
These exercises promote flexibility and relaxation. They feel good after a hard workout. This workout targets all the major muscles of the body, including those that are chronically tight like the chest, shoulders, back, arms, hips, and legs. Try these exercises to get rid of any extra tension you may be carrying around. See your doctor if you have any medical conditions, illnesses, or injuries that may affect your ability to stretch.
Tips about stretching
* Hold each stretch for 10 to 30 seconds and repeat one to three times.
* Try to stretch every day if you can for better results.
* Avoid any exercises that cause pain or discomfort and only stretch as deep as you can. The stretch should feel good and shouldn’t hurt. If your muscles are shaking, you need to back off a bit and let your muscles relax more.
Follow the video for a full body stretch routine.
Want to test yourself at home at 20% off? click here
(USE slayfitness20 TO GET 20% OFF)
For a custom swimsuit from slay my beachwear contact slay concierge at email@example.com