This Healthy Tuna Stuffed Avocado is stuffed with a flavorful southwest mixture of tuna, bell pepper, jalapeno, and cilantro. No mayo necessary here! It’s the perfect healthy lunch.
was making this recipe two times a week for months before I wrote this post. I came up with it one day based on what I had lying around in the kitchen and immediately fell in love. It was my absolute favorite lunch. You aren’t supposed to eat tuna more than twice a week otherwise I probably would have eaten it every day. Not only is it easy to make, it’s also healthy. But wait a second, why was I not sharing the lunch I was eating two times a week? Is it too simple? I mean, I can’t lie, it’s incredibly simple, but guys, it’s magical. This is just such a tasty lunch! You need this in your life.
Time to Make It
A healthy tuna and avocado lunch!
Author: Rachel Farnsworth
Yield: 1 to 2 servings
* 1 avocado, halved and pitted
* 1 (4.5 oz) cans tuna, drained
* ¼ cup diced red bell pepper
* 1 tablespoons minced jalapeno
* ¼ cup cilantro leaves, roughly chopped
* 1 tablespoon lime juice
* salt and pepper (to taste)
1. Scoop out some of the avocado from the pitted area to widen the “bowl” area. Place the scooped avocado into a medium-size mixing bowl. Mash it with a fork.
2. Add the tuna, bell pepper, jalapeno, and cilantro to the mixing bowl. Pour lime juice over. Stir it all together until everything is well mixed.
3. Scoop the tuna into the avocado bowls. Season with salt and pepper.