The standing inner thigh stretch focuses on the upper inner thigh and stretches the adductors. The Standing Inner Thigh Stretch should be performed as a preparatory stretch and be held for 8 to 10 seconds.
Body Part and Muscle Group
The Inner Thigh Stretch focuses on the upper inner thigh. The Adductor muscles are being stretched.
* Starting from a normal standing position.
* Take a large step to one side so your feet are wider than shoulder width.
* Bend / Flex your right knee & turn the toes out to 45°.
* Keep the stretched leg straight.
* Your weight should be evenly balanced.
* Lower the body towards the floor to feel the stretch.
Progression: Have your legs wider apart.