This week’s workout is Double Leg Circles. Double Leg Circles are a great exercise for strengthening your thigh, calf, and important core muscles groups like your hip flexors and lower abdominal muscles. Having a strong core and lower half is beneficial for everyday activities like walking, sitting up, bending over and climbing stairs.
Here’s how to do them:
* To begin, lie flat on your back. Place your hands under your hips with your palms facing down and your legs straight in front of you, feet together.
* Next, raise your feet about 12 inches off the ground, and tighten your stomach muscles. Hold this position for about 15-20 seconds, or until you start to feel a burn.
* Then, with your feet still together, swing them in controlled circles clockwise. Start out making small circles and progressively make your circles bigger and bigger.
* Resume the starting position by bringing your feet back out in front of you, and slowly lowering them to the ground.
* Try doing 8-10 circles in a clockwise motion. Then repeat, going counter-clockwise.
* Your upper torso should remain stationary and only the legs should move.
* As you get stronger, increase the amount of reps or add ankle weights to get a more challenging workout.
NOW TRY LEVEL 2
We hope you’ll try double leg circles over the weekend and then build this exercise into your daily routine Monday through Friday of the coming week.
And remember, talk to your doctor before beginning any new fitness regimen.
Want to test yourself at home at 20% off? click here
(USE slayfitness20 TO GET 20% OFF)
Click here for our top recommended Unconventional detox plan