Experience an ultra luxe magical stay in the pitons! Welcome to eco luxury, Cosmos style.
Eco luxury villa Cosmos St Lucia accommodates 14-16 people in seven bedrooms, two of which have an additional day bed. The Lodge can be rented separately as it enjoys a completely private location on the property; it does not overlook, nor is it overlooked by the villa. Unsurprisingly, many guests book The Lodge as a honeymoon suite. The Garden Studios serve as extra bedrooms for the villa and are not rented to others if there are guests in the villa. Read on for a tour of the accommodation.
Arrive via a wooden sky-bridge and alight on the arrivals terrace. Step into the architectural marvel of the cantilever and look out over the Caribbean Sea. On the left is a marble bar with seating and concealed appliances for making early morning coffee or preparing evening drinks. To the right is the main drawing room with sofas, lounge chairs and tables. A dining table seats up to 12 people and can be extended for larger parties. The open-air space is framed by teak screens with concertina doors. Wood floors made of greenheart are left unpolished to weather in the sun.
Off the cantilever is a large tiled terrace shaded by a sun canopy. The are sun loungers and chairs that can be brought from the villa for poolside drinks.
The refreshing 48’ infinity pool is purified with a salt water ozone system that relies on ultraviolet light rather than harsh chemicals. The pool is surrounded by a garden of bougainvillea, hibiscus and sea grape to the north, and seamlessly joins the view of the sea and the mountains to the south and east.
Across a second sky-bridge shaded by a large mango tree, an upper terrace leads to an outdoor kitchen with wood fire pizza oven, barbecue grill and wet bar. Ginger lilies frame the rear of the outdoor kitchen. A further table with canopy seats 12 for al fresco dining and can be extended. At the far end of the terrace is the Pavilion lounge, a chill-out space that can be made-up as an extra bedroom with adjacent outdoor shower and WC.
A stone plunge pool is warmed by solar panels, has a fountain head and a Jacuzzi jet. It overlooks the gardens and the sea beyond.
To the rear of the cantilever is the cook’s kitchen, a restaurant-style stainless steel design with the capacity to cater for parties up to 24 people.
There is a bathroom and stairs down to main villa bedrooms
From the cantilever, descend one flight of stairs to the main bedrooms. Four bedrooms are arranged along an open-air corridor that gives onto a small tranquillity garden.
Two master bedrooms have four-poster king beds, and two have twin beds that can also be made-up as kings. All bedrooms have ensuite bathrooms, dressing areas, air conditioning, ceiling fans, desks and wardrobe storage areas.
All bedrooms have teak louvred doors opening onto a sea view.
Two further studio bedrooms are arranged on the lower level of the villa. Both are accessible from the main bedroom level and also directly from the property entrance via garden steps.
Both garden studios have their own breakfast bars and ensuite bathrooms, and are cooled by ceiling fans and air conditioners. There is a queen-sized bed in one studio, with twin beds in the second (that can be made-up as a king), desks and dressing areas. Both studios have an additional day bed. There is a refreshing plunge pool outside with a grove of fruit trees and sea views beyond.
Positioned at the eastern end of the property and looking southwest towards the Pitons is a self-contained Lodge with private plunge pool, full kitchen, bar and outdoor bathroom (with privacy curtains). There is a queen bed as well as a sitting area with panoramic sea and Piton views. Large teak screens are operated by a nautical winch system. The Lodge is cooled by a ceiling fan, but is not air conditioned.
A MINDFUL APPROACH
The majority of the villa’s electricity is powered by solar energy thanks to solar panels on the roof. We encourage mindful use of electricity; living areas have ceiling fans only, and as Cosmos is positioned high on the hillside, living spaces are open to the breeze and are not air-conditioned. Air conditioning is available in the villa bedrooms, we encourage guests to use it on very warm nights only. As with all things in life, sustainable luxury is about balancing guests’ expectations with ethos; wireless sound and connectivity is available throughout the villa, and hair dryers are available on request.
REDUCE, REUSE, RECYCLE
Rainwater is harvested and recycled as greywater for use in both the villa and garden. The 48’ infinity pool is purified with a salt water ozone system that relies on ultraviolet light rather than harsh chemicals. And in the villa management discourage the use of single-use plastics and polystyrene, the most common items found in ocean pollution.
LOCALLY SOURCED FOOD
This location prioritise locally sourced fresh food from nearby farms, small producers and the market in Soufrière, supporting the community while lowering food mileage. The fishing industry is vital for the island’s economy, and the Cosmos menu encourages guests to enjoy the catch of the day that fishermen bring to Soufrière market. While in the Cosmos garden, guests can enjoy seasonal harvests of banana, papaya, mango, pineapple, lemongrass, basil and callaloo.
SUPPORTING THE LOCAL ECONOMY
Guests’ visits to Cosmos generate revenue for local people, as well as the owner. From the permanent and part-time villa staff, to specialist tradesman, craftsmen and food producers, on-site spa practitioners and local leisure activity providers, guests can directly support the local economy.
REWARDING GUESTS WHO CARBON OFFSET
When booking flights, management encourage guests to choose an airline with a carbon offsetting programme. To support this action, they offer a delicious, complimentary arrival meal to those who do carbon offsetting.
MOUTHWATERING MEALS MADE WITH FRESH LOCAL INGREDIENTS
The food is steeped in the Villa ethos: creating a magical experience while minimising footprint on the beautiful island of St Lucia.
Management have carefully crafted a private dining menu of delicious home cooked meals that Villa guests can pre-order, removing the hassle of meal planning so you can kick back and enjoy your vacation. Savouring the aromas that emerge from the kitchen and anticipating the evening meal is one of the delights of lazy afternoons at Cosmos St Lucia.
They also offer a Private Dining package to guests who have booked The Lodge accomodation soley, as well as a handy Pantry service.
The House Manager Shermika used to run a restaurant; her experience and culinary skills are very evident in the food she prepares –
On a day-to-day basis she usually works solo, supported by the in-house staff, but for special occasions Shermika oversees Guest Chefs to offer a wider variety of dishes.
When ordering, please select one dish per course, per meal, for the group that is dining. For example, select one starter, one main, one dessert, as they are unable to offer multiple dishes in any one course. A vegetarian option can be provided. Please advise of any allergies.
CONTINENTAL BUFFET BREAKFAST
FRESHLY BAKED CARIBBEAN MUFFINS, TOAST, AND LOCAL JAM (V)
SEASONAL FRUIT (V)
HOMEMADE COCONUT GRANOLA SERVED WITH YOGHURT OR MILK (V)
SEASONAL JUICE, TEA AND LOCAL COFFEE (V)
1) EGGS ANY STYLE AND BACON
2) PANCAKES WITH SYRUP AND LINK SAUSAGES
3) OMELETTE OF CHOICE WITH HAM, CHEESE, MUSHROOMS, SPRING ONIONS, TOMATOES AND PEPPERS (V)
4) CARIBBEAN BAKES AND SALT FISH
LUNCH & DINNER
5) FRIED PLANTAIN CUPS WITH FRESH SALSA OF TOMATO, CUCUMBER, SPRING ONION AND FRESH HERB SALSA (V)
6) CURRIED PUMPKIN SOUP FINISHED WITH SOUR CREAM. SERVED WITH BROWN BREAD ROLLS (V)
7) LOCAL CALLALOO (SPINACH) AND ROSEMARY SOUP SERVED WITH CRUSTY GARLIC BREAD (V)
8) BAKED NACHOS WITH MELTED CHEDDAR AND BLACK BEAN SALSA (V)
9) ST LUCIAN SALT FISH FRITTERS SERVED WITH LOCAL HOT SAUCE MAYONNAISE
10) BRUSCHETTA WITH ROASTED TOMATO AND BELL PEPPERS, DRESSED IN EXTRA VIRGIN OLIVE OIL, SAUTÉED GARLIC AND HOME-GROWN BASIL (V)
11) GREEK SALAD WITH CHUNKS OF FETA CHEESE, TOMATO, CUCUMBER, CRUNCHY LEAVES, BLACK OLIVES AND HOME GROWN HERBS (V)
12) AVOCADO IN SEASON, SERVED WITH EXTRA VIRGIN OLIVE OIL, ORGANIC LEMON AND WARM BREAD ROLLS (V)
13) CLASSIC BARBECUED BEEF BURGER ON A LOCALLY BAKED ROLL SERVED WITH HOUSE SLAW AND PLANTAIN FRIES.
14) SALADE NIÇOISE WITH FRESH GRILLED TUNA FILLET, GREEN BEANS, POTATOES, OLIVES, ANCHOVIES AND CAPERS SERVED WITH A LEMON DRESSING ON FRESH LEAVES
15) COSMOS CAESAR: WHOLE GRILLED CHICKEN BREAST, MARINATED IN LIME JUICE; SERVED ON A BED OF CRUNCHY LEAVES, TOPPED WITH CREAMY PARMESAN DRESSING AND CROUTONS.
16) CATCH OF THE DAY GRILLED WITH GARLIC AND LIME BUTTER OR POACHED IN COCONUT SAUCE. SERVED WITH STEAMED CHRISTOPHINE, FRENCH BEANS AND JASMINE RICE
17) LIME MARINATED CREOLE SHRIMP, SAUTÉED WITH TOMATOES, LOCAL SPICES AND CHILI. SERVED ON JASMINE RICE AND ACCOMPANIED BY A MEDLEY OF FRESHLY STEAMED LOCAL VEGETABLES.
18) FISH JUMBO STEWED WITH TOMATOES, ONIONS, PAPRIKA AND CAYENNE IN A FRAGRANT ROUX; SERVED WITH CRUSTY BREAD AND GARDEN SALAD.
19) BARBECUED CHICKEN OR PORK RUBBED IN JERK SPICES. SERVED WITH SMASHED SWEET POTATOES, AND HOUSE SLAW.
20) SQUASH AND GINGER CURRY SIMMERED WITH FRAGRANT SPICES, FINISHED WITH RICH COCONUT MILK; SERVED WITH CHUTNEY, STEAMED GREENS AND QUINOA (V)
21) CLASSIC BAKED LASAGNE WITH OR WITHOUT BEEF; SERVED WITH CRUSTY GARLIC BREAD AND MIXED GREEN SALAD (V)
22) CHUNKY CHILLI “CON” OR “SIN” CARNE; SERVED WITH TORTILLAS, CHOPPED SALAD, BLACK BEANS AND RICE, GRATED CHEDDAR AND SOURED CREAM (V)
23) COSMOS PIZZERIA:
CREATE YOUR OWN ARTISANAL PIZZA WITH OUR HOMEMADE DOUGH AND A SELECTION OF FRESH INGREDIENTS FROM OUR BUFFET, BAKED FOR YOU IN OUR WOOD FIRED OVEN. CHOOSE FROM: TOMATO, MOZZARELLA, GOATS CHEESE, ONIONS, GARLIC, PEPPERS, MUSHROOMS OLIVES, ANCHOVIES, PEPPERONI, GARLIC AND GARDEN HERBS; SERVED WITH CRISPY GARDEN SALAD.
24) BANANAS FLAMBE IN ST LUCIAN RUM WITH VANILLA ICE CREAM
25) COCONUT CREME CARAMEL
26) WARM CACAO BROWNIE SERVE WITH ST LUCIA RUM RAISIN ICE CREAM
27) CITRUS CHEESECAKE ON BISCUIT CRUST
28) BANANA SPLIT, SELECTION OF ICE CREAMS
29) TROPICAL FRUIT SORBET
30) FRESH MANGO, PAPAYA OR PINEAPPLE WITH LIME JUICE IN SEASON
31) EMERALD ESTATE CHOCOLATE TRUFFLES (SUPPLEMENT $3 EACH)
32) HOMEMADE BIRTHDAY CAKES: SPICED CARROT AND COCONUT WITH CREAM CHEESE ICING OR DOUBLE CHOCOLATE LAYER CAKE, SERVED WITH CANDLES AND ICE CREAM ($50 SUPPLEMENT – SERVES UP TO 12 GUESTS)
(V) = VEGETARIAN
VILLA DINING FOR UP FOR 14 GUESTS
* PRICES IN US DOLLARS, PER PERSON
* CONTINENTAL BREAKFAST IS COMPLIMENTARY
* COOKED BREAKFAST: $15
* LUNCH, TWO COURSES (APPETISER & MAIN OR MAIN & DESSERT): $32
* LUNCH/DINNER, THREE COURSES (APPETISER, MAIN & DESSERT): $37
* DINNER, FOUR COURSES: (SOUP/SALAD, APPETISER, MAIN & DESSERT): $42
* WINE AND OTHER BEVERAGES AVAILABLE AT COST PLUS A 20% SERVICE FEE
LODGE DINING FOR TWO GUESTS
* PRICES IN US DOLLARS FOR TWO GUESTS
* LUNCH/DINNER, THREE COURSES (APPETISER, MAIN & DESSERT): $150
* DINNER, FOUR COURSES: (SOUP/SALAD, APPETISER, MAIN & DESSERT): $170
* INCLUDES A COCKTAIL, BOTTLE OF RED, WHITE OR CAVA AND MINERAL WATER
Your total relaxation and restoration is the mission at Cosmos St Lucia. Enjoy A class designed superb in-house spa treatments that ease tensions and unwind the mind, body and soul. Indulge in luxury spa treatments in the Pavilion Lounge as you listen to the trickle of the solar fountain and gentle birdsong. You will be in good hands with the trusted local therapists who, time and again, help guests melt into vacation mode.
Enjoy local organic coconut oil as the base for the massage blend which has excellent emollient properties for the skin and can also be used on the hair for deep conditioning. Start with a coconut and sea salt body scrub to aid circulation and exfoliation.
The cleansing after-sun facial combines pressure point facial massage with a purifying local volcanic mud mask, and cooling aloe vera. They also offer a bespoke massage tailored to your needs. And manicure and pedicure too.
Please reserve your treatments in advance of your stay, cash payments only.
* Prices in US dollars, per person
* 70 minute full body massage: $85
* 30 minute add-on full body scrub: $45
* 45 minute purifying after sun facial: $60
* 60 minute self-tailored massage: $75
* Manicure: $35
* Pedicure: $55
Arriving at Cosmos St Lucia is a breathtaking experience. Step from the sky bridge onto the arrivals terrace with its calming water feature and hillside forest view. Peaceful as it is, your instinct will be to walk on, through the modernist open-air villa and out onto the sun terrace. Look out across the infinity pool to the magnificent Piton mountains set against the Caribbean sea and expansive sky. Breathe deeply, inhale the scents of the tropical garden flowers and feel yourself relax.
Cosmos means universal harmony. With views of mountain, sea and sky, you’re embraced by the serenity and beauty of the natural elements, and invited to come together with friends and family to mark life’s milestones. Intimate celebrations frequently hosted at Cosmos include family reunions, birthdays, anniversaries, weddings and retreats.
19TH DEC 2020 – 8TH JAN 2021
* Main villa (four bedrooms, sleeps eight) & Garden Studios (two studio style ensuite bedrooms with kitchenettes, sleeps four to six): US $1650 per night
* Lodge: US $400 per night (studio style with own kitchen and private plunge pool, sleeps 2)
MID SEASON 2020-2021
14TH NOV – 18TH DEC 2020, 30TH JAN – 26TH MARCH 2021
* Main villa: US $1350 per night (four bedrooms, sleeps eight)
* Garden Studios: US $230 per night each (two studio style ensuite bedrooms with kitchenettes, sleeps four to six)
* Lodge: US $325 per night (studio style with own kitchen and private plunge pool, sleeps 2)
HIGH SEASON 2021
9TH – 29TH JAN, 27TH MARCH – 5TH APRIL 2021
* Main villa: US $1350 per night (four bedrooms, sleeps eight)
* Garden Studios: US $250 per night each (two studio style ensuite bedrooms with kitchenettes, sleeps four to six)
* Lodge: US $350 per night (studio style with own kitchen and private plunge pool, sleeps 2)
LOW SEASON 2021
6TH APRIL – 19TH NOV 2021
* Main villa: US $950 per night (four bedrooms, sleeps eight)
* Garden Studios: US $185 per night each (two studio style ensuite bedrooms with kitchenettes, sleeps four to six)
* Lodge: US $300 per night (studio style with own kitchen and private plunge pool, sleeps 2)
CHRISTMAS – NEW YEAR 2021-22
17TH DEC 2020 – 7TH JAN 2021
* Main villa (four bedrooms, sleeps eight) & Garden Studios (two studio style ensuite bedrooms with kitchenettes, sleeps four to six): US $2500 per night
* Lodge: US $400 per night (studio style with own kitchen and private plunge pool, sleeps 2)
* Minimum 7 nights stay Christmas/New Year and High Season (Villa and Lodge)
* Minimum 4 night stay Mid and Low season (Villa)
* Minimum 3 night stay Mid and Low season (Lodge)
* Cosmos St Lucia has four full time staff, a house manager, chef, housekeeper and garden/pool manager.
* Continental breakfast is included and lunch and dinner are available for guests of the Villa.
* The Lodge is self-catering or private dining options are available.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
1. A deposit of 50% of the rent is payable upon making a booking.
2. Remaining rent and security deposit must be received 60 days before arrival for rental period December – April, or 30 days in advance for May – November.
3. A security deposit of $1000 USD is required when renting the main villa, $250 when renting the Lodge, $150 for the Garden Studios. If there are no issues, this is refunded within 14 days of departure.
4. A booking may be cancelled up to 90 days before arrival with a full refund. For bookings cancelled after that date, a portion of the deposit paid at the time of booking will be forfeited in increasing linear proportion up to 30 days prior to arrival. Within the last 30 days there is no refund of rental monies paid, but the security deposit will be refunded.
5. If you are not able to get to St Lucia due to travel restrictions relating to Covid-19, or if St Lucia should lock-down or restrict travel due to a change in circumstances, you will have the opportunity to re-schedule or cancel your stay with a full refund – right up until your date of arrival.
Special Slay Concierge Note
Our high end ateliers across the world are capable of recreating any look seen on Slaylebrity. Contact email@example.com or click the contact us icon to chat with slay concierge.