A creamy flavoursome pesto without cheese or oil. Using yogurt is a great way to create an indulgent tasting yet low fat, healthy sauce.
* 40g walnut pieces
* 2 garlic cloves, crushed
* zest of 1 lemon
* 25g fresh parsley
* Small handful of fresh mint leaves
* 125g Yeo Valley Organic Fat Free Natural Yogurt
* Salt and freshly ground black pepper
* 200g asparagus tips
* 350g spaghetti or other pasta shape
* Pinch of chilli flakes
* 1tsp bouillon vegetable stock powder
* 3tbsp water
* 1tbsp lemon juice
* First make the pesto. Place the walnut pieces, garlic, lemon zest and herbs in a food processor and blend until finely chopped.
* Gradually add the yogurt to form a smooth sauce. Season with a little black pepper. Chill in the fridge until required. This will keep covered in the fridge for up to 2 days.
* Trim the asparagus tips. Bring a large pan of salted water to the boil. Add the spaghetti and cook according to the packet instructions.
* Five minutes before the end, heat a large frying pan and add the chilli flakes, bouillon powder and water. Stir to dissolve the powder then toss in the asparagus tips and saute for 3-4 minutes.
* Drain the spaghetti and tip into the frying pan with the lemon juice. Pour over the pesto sauce and toss thoroughly.
* Serve immediately with lemon wedges and salad. For additional flavour you could sprinkle over a little freshly grated parmesan cheese.
Click here for our top recommended fitness and health supplements