It will shock you to know that Wizkid is worth about $12 million dollars according to Forbes. Even though he is still a young musician, he beat the likes of Davido, Don Jazzy to claim the 3rd richest musician in Africa and the richest in Nigeria.
Just like Davido whose net worth also is in dollars, Wizkid’s wealth comes from endorsement deals apart from record sales both domestic & international shows. We have listed some of Wizkid endorsement deals below:
* Wizkid was signed by Pepsi in 2012 for $350,000 to be the face of Pepsi for one-year.
* He renewed his contract deal with Pepsi again for an extra two years which is rumored to be worth millions of Naira.
* Globacom brand ambassador in 2015 where he was paid N128 million by the telecom giant among other endorsement deals.
* Wizkid’s latest endorsement deal is with CIROC which he signed this year 2018.
* He also has a deal with Nike as their brand ambassador after adorning the Nigerian Super Eagles jersey alongside Nigeria forward, Alex Iwobi.
* Starboy also featured alongside Naomi Campel as Dolce & Gabana in their fashion event and was paid about $10,000 to walk on stage.
How Famous Is Wizkid in the World Stage?
Apart from being featured with leading artiste and celebrities like Davido, Olamide, Tiwa Savage, Timaya, Patoranking, and others, Wizkid fame has spread round the world even beyond Nigeria and Africa.
Wizkid has since engaged in musical collaborations with top reputable artists. He has collaborated with Runtown, Wande Coal, Wale, Shaydee, L.A.X, Banky W, Legendary Beatz, R2Bees, Maleek Berry, Drake etc.
On the world stage, Wizkid has collaborated with Drake to cement his reputation as an international musician from Nigeria. The hit song was titled “One Dance’’. He did this music with Drake and it is an award winning track which has seen him nominated for various awards and tours.
Before Wizkid became famous, even before he met Banky W, he recorded his songs while growing up in Ojuelegba, Lagos State. He endured a lot of hardship, living as a street guy.
It was his backgroung living in Ojuelegba that prompted him to release a video clip of “Ojuelegba’’ which serves as a tribute to the difficult anomalies and moments he suffered while growing up in Ojuelegba.
Source: Nigerian Infopedia