I don’t know about you but I absolutely love cookies! Classic Chocolate Chip Cookies, hearty Oatmeal Raisin Cookies, rich Peanut Butter Cookies and gooey Salted Caramel Cookies…the combinations are endless! Since there are so many mouthwatering flavors I decided to create one Crazy Cookie Dough to fulfill all of those homemade cookie cravings!
his dough is the absolute perfect blank canvas for all of your favorite cookie flavors! It has the perfect balance of brown sugar, white sugar, melted butter and salt. The result is beyond decadent bakery-style cookies. This means no matter which flavorings you choose to add in, this cookie is perfectly crisp around the edges and chewy gooey in the center. Why make one boring batch of the same cookie, when you can make a variety of your favorites!
From the smell that fills the house to that warm and fuzzy comfort I get from knowing I have a full cookie jar, there is just nothing like a homemade, fresh out of the oven cookie. I can’t wait for you all to give the recipe a spin and make these cookies your own. Let’s face it what day can’t be improved by a truly delicious cookie?
* Crazy Cookie Dough
* 1 cup (8oz/226g) butter, melted and cooled to room temperature
* 1¼ cup (10oz/280g) brown sugar
* ¾ cup (6oz/170g) white sugar
* 2½ cups (12 1/2oz/355g) all-purpose flour
* 1 teaspoon salt
* 1 teaspoon baking soda
* 2 large eggs
* 2 teaspoon vanilla extract Classic Chocolate Chip Cookie
* 1 generous tablespoon dark chocolate , rough chopped Oatmeal Raisin Cookie
* 2 heaped teaspoons rolled oats
* 1 tablespoon raisin Double Chocolate Cookie
* 2 heaped teaspoons cocoa powder
* 1 heaped teaspoon chocolate , chopped Peanut Butter Cookie
* 1 tablespoon peanut butter
* 1 tablespoon peanuts , chopped Chocolate Hazelnut Cookie
* 1 tablespoon Nutella or chocolate spread
* 1 tablespoons toasted hazelnuts , chopped S’more Cookie
* 1 generously marshmallows
* 1 tablespoon graham crackers , crushed
* 1 tablespoon chocolate , chopped Salted Caramel Cookie
* Pinch flaky sea salt
* 4 caramel candies , rough chopped Birthday Cake Cookie
* 2 heaped teaspoons sprinkles
* 2 heaped teaspoons white chocolate chips
1. Whisk the flour, salt, and baking soda in a medium bowl. Set aside.
2. Whisk both sugars in a large bowl and make sure to break up any large chunks. Add the melted butter and whisk vigorously for about 1 minute, until light fluffy and fully incorporated.
3. Whisk in one egg to the sugar-butter mixture, stirring until it’s fully mixed in. Scrape the sides of the bowl with your spatula. Whisk in the second egg and the vanilla and scrape the sides of bowl again.
4. Add the dry ingredients to the wet and stir with the spatula to fully combined. Chill the dough for a minimum of 30 minutes to 2 hours before scooping.
5. Using a quarter scoop measure scoop the cookie dough base into roughly 10-12 cookies.
6. Chocolate Chip Cookie: Press your chocolate chunks into your base cookie and fold the cookie dough over itself to make sure the chocolate chunks are distributed through out
7. Oatmeal raisin Cookie: Using your hand make a well in the center of the dough. Add in the oatmeal and the raisins. Fold the cookie dough over itself to make sure the oatmeal and raisins are distributed through out.
8. Double Chocolate Cookie: Using your hand make a well in the center of the dough. Add in the cocoa powder and chocolate chunks. Fold the cookie dough over itself to make sure the ad-ins are distributed through out.
9. Peanut Butter Cookie: Using your hand make a well in the center of the dough. Add in the peanut butter and chopped peanuts. Fold the cookie dough over itself to make sure the peanut butter and peanuts are distributed through out.
10. Chocolate Hazelnut Cookie: Using your hand make a well in the center of the dough. Add in the Nutella and chopped hazelnuts. Fold the cookie dough over itself to make sure the Nutella and nuts are distributed through out.
11. S’more Cookie: Using your hand make a well in the center of the dough. Add in the graham crackers, marshmallow and chocolate. Fold the cookie dough over itself to make sure the s’more ad-ins are distributed through out.
12. Salted Caramel Cookie: Using your hand make a well in the center of the dough. Add in the chopped caramels. Fold the cookie dough over itself to make sure the caramel candies are distributed through out. Top with flakey sea salt.
13. Birthday Cake Cookie: Using your hand make a well in the center of the dough. Add in sprinkles and white chocolate chips. Fold the cookie dough over itself to make sure the sprinkles and chips are distributed through out.
14. When ready to bake preheat the oven to 375ºF (185oC). Place the cookies on a larger parchment lined cookie sheet about 4 inches apart. Bake for 10-12 minutes until you can still see it is doughy in the center but browning around the edge. Resist the urge to bake for longer as you will over bake it and lose that gooey center.
15. Let cool on the sheet for 5 minutes then enjoy. Store in an air tight container for up to 3 days.
EGGLESS CRAZY COOKIE DOUGH: use condensed milk or flax seed.