CONCIERGE PRICE: $67,800
It’s All Change At Hautlence!
A fresh new wind of change is blowing through HAUTLENCE. With a new structure based in Schaffhausen and operational support from its sister company, H. Moser & Cie., the brand is now being headed by Samuel Hoffmann, who has also introduced a new brand concept and product strategy. Samuel has injected a new dynamism and fresh ideas, while ensuring continuity with the brand’s direction over recent years. The result is the Linear Series 1 model, which kicks off this major new step for the Maison. On the left of the dial, a graduated scale resembling those used on precision measuring instruments indicates the hours using a linkage. This large, very slim linkage recalls the one used in the first movement developed by HAUTLENCE in 2004: the calibre HL.
On the Linear Series 1 model, a small white pointer on the end of the linkage indicates the hour on the vertical scale. Once the 12 numeral is passed, the snail disengages the probe to release the accumulated energy. The linkage then jumps and returns to the 1 numeral. In addition to the linear retrograde jumping hour, the Linear Series 1 is equipped with a flying tourbillon at 6 o’clock, whose balletic movement can be admired behind its blue skeletonised bridge.
As always at HAUTLENCE, the dial is constructed on several levels. An additional sapphire dial featuring the minute numerals sits on top of the base dial in rhodium-plated brass with a vertical satin finish. The main dial is partially open to allow parts of the movement to be seen. One component visible through the opening is the minute cam. This is integral with the minute hand, which rotates once per hour and lifts the minute sector as the hour elapses.
After 60 minutes, the minute sector falls back, driving the hour star which includes the hour cam. The reworked steel case adopts HAUTLENCE’s signature TV screen shape, but with a modernised aesthetic. Relief forms on the sides add volume and dynamism. As part of the sporty personality – a new departure for HAUTLENCE – the watch offers water resistance to 10 ATM and exceptional durability. The fluted bezel features a rubber band in the same blue as the integrated rubber strap, to facilitate time setting. The Linear Series 1 model is a compact watch with balanced proportions that can be perfectly adjusted on the wrist, making it suitable for any occasion. The calibre D50 self-winding movement is the motor that drives the Linear Series 1. Equipped with a module created in collaboration with Agenhor, it comprises 239 components, oscillates at a frequency of 3 hertz and offers a power reserve of 72 hours. The finely chased oscillating weight recalls the brand’s famous Moebius. Technically and aesthetically perfect, the component drives this unique timepiece which marks an unmistakable moment of renewal for the HAUTLENCE brand. HAUTLENCE: a pioneer of modern, architectural horology and a catalyst for progressive independent watchmaking.
• D50 self-winding mechanical movement
• Linear retrograde jumping hour and 1 minute flying tourbillon
• Power reserve: minimum of 72 hours
• Regulating organ: 21,600 vibrations / hour
• Number of components: 239
• Number of jewels: 39 CASE
• Case middle and horns: satin-finished and polished steel • Bezel: satin-finished and polished steel
• Crown: polished steel with engraved HAUTLENCE logo
• Glass: extra-hard bevelled sapphire crystal with anti-reflective treatment
• Back: sapphire crystal engraved with “HAUTLENCE”, “10 ATM WATER RESISTANT”, “Horlogerie Suisse”
• Dimensions (excluding dome): 43.0 Å~ 50.8 Å~ 11.9 mm / 10.9 mm excluding sapphire crystal DIAL
• Base dial: skeletonised rhodium-plated brass with vertical satin finish. Engraved minute track. • Intermediate dial: sapphire with printed minute track in blue and white. STRAP
• Blue rubber
• Clasp: steel WATER RESISTANCE
• 10 ATM LIMITED EDITION
• 28 pieces
CONCIERGE PRICE: $67,800
3% of final property price paid within three working days of successful conclusion to any Slay Network nominated account.
Slay Concierge Purchase note
This listing information is reserved exclusively for GOLD PLUS VIP MEMBERS. CLICK HERE TO BECOME A MEMBER