Popcorn shrimp is one of my absolute favorite meals of all time – it is slightly sweet, salty, and full of flavor – plus the crunchy breading really makes a shrimp’s flavor extra buttery and indulgent.
This popcorn shrimp is a sweet and spicy twist on the classic – and couldn’t be easier to make.
While sriracha is spicy, the gentle heat of the sweet chili, mixed with the honey, makes this dish really pop and not blow out your palate. It’s fantastic over a salad, paired with rice, or even in a taco or burrito!
This makes a fabulous addition to a build-your-own salad or taco bar for summer entertaining, too – the red sauce really pops and looks as pretty as it is delicious!
I like to top mine with a bit of green onions to really make the red bright and stand out.
This recipe isn’t just a sauce over cooked shrimp at the end of baking – we’re baking the shrimp in the sauce to really soak up all that flavor. Thanks to a quick toss in some corn starch, this quick and easy method doesn’t make saucy shrimp soggy, either! (Because let’s face it, the deliciously crunchy, crisp breading is what makes popcorn shrimp extra crave-able!)
Course: Main Dish
Calories: 254 kcal
* 1 tbsp garlic
* 3/4 cup sweet chili sauce
* 1 tbsp honey
* 1-2 tbsp sriracha sauce
* 1/4 cup corn starch
* 1 lbs shrimp package SeaPak frozen popcorn (from scratch use bread crumbs and egg)
* green onions to garnish
1. In a small bowl, mix garlic, sweet chili, honey, and sriracha well.
2. Add frozen shrimp to a large bowl, toss with cornstarch.
3. Spread popcorn shrimp onto baking sheet.
4. Drizzle with 3/4 sauce mixture, toss to coat.
5. Bake for 25 minutes, until shrimp is hot and cooked through.
6. Drizzle remaining sauce on shrimp, top with green onions.