We knew Kim Kardashian was going to flaunt her bare-faced beachside beauty for an upcoming digital issue of Editorialist, but what we didn’t know was that she was going to open up on a number of topics.
The interview for the Spring/Summer 2016 issue, which was done prior to Saint West’s arrival, not only features Kim’s enviable curves in a plunging black one piece while carrying a draped black knit sweater, but also reveals a variety of interesting tidbits that have to do with Kim—the brand, the mother, the celebrity, the wife, and the woman.
From growing her businesses to juggling motherhood and a marriage with the entire world watching, the 35-year-old explains what matters most to her, as well as sharing what she still hopes to accomplish and the biggest misconceptions about her and her famous family.
Here’s an exclusive look at seven interesting things Kim Kardashian reveals in her latest interview with Editorialist:
1. She Calls the Shots: Look, Kris Jenner may be the famous momager, but utlimately, Kim takes control.
“It’s so funny because I’ll hear stories like, ‘Kris Jenner is the puppet master, having all of her kids do this and that,’ and I’m like, ‘If they only knew.’ I’m the one that will be like ‘Kylie Jennerdo this…Kendall Jenner you should do this.’ My mom facilitates it all and gives great opinions, and she’s been so helpful to manage everything, but it’s really a collaboration. I take full responsibility over my brand.”
2. She Enjoys Her Privacy: Kim and her loved ones have been in the spotlight for years, but that doesn’t mean that they don’t enjoy some time behind closed doors.
“The biggest misconception about our family is that we don’t allow privacy and that we don’t have any [privacy]. That’s just completely wrong. My mornings are so important to me so I can get [North] up. I work during the day, and hopefully I’m there to put her down at night, which is most of the time. I like to have a really good balance between filming and sharing information on our apps…and balancing it all.”
3. Her Next Dream Goal: The mother-of-two explains that the famous family began the reality show to draw more attention to their stores, because of their passion for fashion. But there’s still more she wants to achieve, and Kim admits that she’d love to have her own designer line someday.
“I really want to kind of scale things back and do what I am crazy passionate about. that’s just what makes me happy, especially when you have a family,” she began. “I have so many ideas, and I think it’s just about taking that step because I do a lot with my sisters, so it’s a decision on [whether or not] we want to do it together.”
4. Selfish Was All Kanye West’s Idea: The brunette beauty’s coffee table book may have been all about her (literally, all photos of her), but the entire project was actually sparked by her hubby.
“It was [Kanye’s] idea to do the book of selfies, he picked the name, and he introduced me to Rizzoli. The book is so fun and cool, and no one has ever done a book of selfies before. I really value his opinion, and I trust his opinion, especially aesthetically. But I work a lot with my sisters, so sometimes three opinions is al you can handle.”
5. She’s Cooking Up a New Scent: You’ll be able to get your hands on another Kim K. perfume bottle in the near future. Kardashian shares, “I’m working on a new fragrance right now, and that makes me really excited. I love the beauty business. I took a second away just to figure out what I wanted the fragrance brand to be.”
6. Why She Took Some Time Away From the Spotlight: “I would say I’m a really realistic person,” she told Editorialist. “At the beginning of my career, [the press] made me—or maybe not ‘made me’ but was such a big part of my career. And then, I feel like when I got a divorce, it kind of turned on me, and the people I would do interviews with, who I thought were my friends, just did not understand me. And so it was all of these made-up stories, and this whole story line like a soap opera [started to form]…I saw that happening, and it really took a toll on me. I’m strong. I can handle it. But I took some time off.”
“[Looking] back now, it was great for me. I learned how to live a more private life. It’s also hard, you know. My husband lives really a more private life, and I…don’t. So it’s the combination of figuring it out—he’s really opened up, which has been great, and I’ve closed off and learned how to just take our alone time with him. And I’ve never really done that before, take time for myself.”
7. What She Hopes for North: “When North was born, I used to pray, ‘Can she handle this life?’ Because it’s a lot to come into, a family that has the spotlight on them, and it’s very public. But I really believe people come into our lives, and they choose us, and she knows what her life is going to be. I value my relationship with her so much. I want to become best friends with her to the [point that] she can ask me anything. My hope for her is that she is just really kind to people and grows up as normal as possible within all of the chaos.”
In a more recent interview
Kim Kardashian doesn’t normally hold back in interviews, but in her latest cover with Interview magazine, she kept things extra real and raw — thanks to tough questions from author and activist Janet Mock.
Throughout the expansive interview, Mock doesn’t shy away from asking pointedly about identity, public perceptions, race, controversy, and more. Here’s what you need to know.
On raising mixed-race children
Kanye always has his family around and people who look like my daughter—that’s important to me. She’s obsessed with her curly hair, and if she finds someone who has the same hair, she runs to them and is like, “You have curly hair like me?” And we get to talk about it.
On constantly being called “not talented”
If I’m so not talented, if I do nothing, then how is my career my reality? And I poke fun at it, like when I was on the cover of Forbes I posted the hashtag #NotBadForAGirlWithNoTalent. I don’t mind being underestimated because it does fuel me
You can say a lot of things about me, but you cannot say I don’t work hard. I don’t sing. I don’t dance. I don’t act. But I am not lazy.
Source interview magazine
if you would like to get Kim stunning hair, we recommend diamond or Vicky by slay my hair