This Easy Cheesecake Brownies recipe is just totally COCHON as we say in French. Imagine, a cheesecake AND a brownie at the same time? Really? It’s a dream come true! Just when you thought that brownies couldn’t get any better.
Classic Brownies recipe serves as base for this cake and is completely delicious on its own, so if you were looking for the PERFECT CHOCOLATE BROWNIES recipe, this is it! Adding that cheesecake swirl is just brilliant! Come on, admit it, how many times have you been to a restaurant and couldn’t decide for dessert between the cheesecake or the chocolate cake? Well, no more!
I use a quality dark chocolate 70% cacao for extra rich flavour. And you’ll see, the swirling part is a lot of fun! Don’t be afraid, you don’t need to make it pretty, it is very forgiving, and it will be beautiful no matter what!
* CLASSIC CHOCOLATE BROWNIES
* 5 oz 70% dark chocolate, coarsely chopped
* ¾ cup unsalted butter, cubed
* 2 eggs
* ½ cup brown sugar
* ½ cup sugar
* ¼ teaspoon salt
* ½ cup all-purpose flour
* CHEESECAKE SWIRL
* 125 g cream cheese, room temperature
* ¼ cup sour cream
* 2 tbsp. icing sugar
1. CLASSIC CHOCOLATE BROWNIES
2. Preheat your oven to 350⁰F.
3. Line a square pan (8-inch) with parchment paper, butter the two sides.
4. Melt the chocolate and butter in a double boiler. Stir well until everything is completely melted and smooth. Let cool a little bit before using.
5. In a medium bowl, whisk,eggs, brown sugar, sugar and salt until well combined.
6. Add the chocolate to the egg mixture and whisk to combine. Add flour and stir until smooth.
7. Pour your batter in your pan.
8. CHEESECAKE SWIRL
9. Put all your ingredients in a medium bowl and beat with an electric mixer until smooth.
10. With a spoon, spread 9 dollops, side by side, on top of your brownies mixture.
11. Swirl through with a knife.
12. Bake for about 40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out with a few lumps and not totally clean.
13. Let cool before removing from pan and cutting into squares.
By Valerie’s Keepers