- 1. These terms and conditions together with any specific rules set out in Competition Notices (as defined below) are the Competition Rules (“Rules“) and apply to competitions (“Competition“) featuring in any SLAY NETWORK OR SLAYLEBRITY siteunless otherwise expressly stated. By entering a Competition, entrants agree to be bound by these Rules.
- 2. Rules specific to each Competition are displayed in a notice on the page for such Competition (“Competition Notice“) or in a notice in which the Competition appeared and are incorporated into the Rules. In the event of discrepancy between these terms and conditions and the Competition Notice, the Competition Notice shall prevail.
- 3. SLAY NETWORK reserves the right to cancel or amend the Competition or the Rules without notice in the event of a catastrophe, war, civil or military disturbance, act of God or any actual or anticipated breach of any applicable law or regulation or any other event outside SLAY NETWORK’S reasonable control. Any changes will be posted either within these terms and conditions or the Competition Notice. A copy of the Rules may also be obtained by contacting the relevant Promotions department of the publication in which the competition appeared.
- 4. In the event of any dispute regarding the Rules, conduct, results and all other matters relating to a Competition, the decision of the judge(s) shall be final and no correspondence or discussion shall be entered into.
- 5. To qualify to enter the Competition you must provide a valid email address and contact number. The address you provide with your competition entry (“Entry“) may be used to send any prizes so please make sure this is correct.
- 6. Employees of Slay Network ltd or any associated company of Slay Network LTD and their immediate families, persons connected with the competition/prize draw and their immediate families i.e. prize sponsors, newsagents, wholesalers & their agents are not eligible to enter the Competition.
- 7. Additional eligibility requirements may apply e.g. a valid social network account will be required
- 8. By entering the Competition, you hereby warrant that all information submitted by you is true, current and complete. Slay Network reserves the right to verify the eligibility of all entrants.
- 9. Slay Network assumes that by reading the publication or by using the website and entering the Competition (and you warrant that) you are aged 18 or over or, if you are under 18, that your parents have consented to your entry into the Competition and these Rules.
- 10. Slay Network reserves the right to disqualify any entrant if it has reasonable grounds to believe the entrant has breached any of the Rules.
- 11. In the event that any entrant is disqualified from the Competition, Slay Network in its sole discretion may decide whether a replacement should be selected. In this event, any further entrant will be selected on the same criteria as the original entrant and will be subject to these Rules.
- 12. Multiple entries as per user per Competition is allowed (except where the Competition Notice states that only one entry can be submitted) . Unless otherwise indicated photocopies of entry coupons are not accepted. Where a winner has been selected and Slay Network discovers or has reasonable grounds to believe the winner has made any false claims to get more points, slay network reserves the right to select an alternative winner. Any further winner will be selected on the same criteria as the original winner and will be subject to these Rules.
- 13. Competition entries must be made in the manner and by the closing date specified on the Competition Notice. Failure to do so will disqualify the entry.
- 14. There is no purchase requirement to enter this online Competition. However an entrant can opt to receive 30% discount to purchase any item at the slay network store to gain more points in the contest. There is no charge to register for the slay network giveaway. Slay Network however will require a minimum of three referrals from the winner after the first month to continue to receive the VIP rewards for the rest of the eleven months.
- 16. All entrants who receive the 30% discount voucher will not be required to pay for shipping, however all custom and tax liabilities lie on such participants.
- Winner will not be expected to make any monetary payments whatsoever including clearing and tax fees.
- 18. Slay Network cannot accept responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft, destruction, alteration of, or unauthorized access to Entries, or Entries lost or delayed whether or not arising during operation or transmission as a result of server functions, virus, bugs or other causes outside its control.
- 19. Prize winners will be chosen based on the highest points earned, unless specified otherwise in the Competition Notice, from all qualifying Entries within 5 days of the closing date specified in the Competition Notice. In all matters, the decision of the judge(s) shall be final and no correspondence or discussion shall be entered into.
- 20. Prize winners will be notified in the manner and within the time specified on the Competition Notice. Return of any prize notification as undeliverable or failure to reply as specified in the notification (and within the time stated) may result in disqualification and selection of an alternate winner. If more than one prize is awarded only one prize per entrant will be awarded. Competition winner(s)’ names may be published on the slaylebrity network and all its related social media pages in which the competition appeared and on the relevant publication’s website.
- 21. Claims for prizes must be made in the manner and within the time specified on the Competition Notice. Failure to claim a prize within this time or in the manner specified may result in disqualification and selection of an alternate winner.
- 22. Prizes are non–transferable and there is no cash alternative. Slay Network reserves the right to substitute prizes of equal or greater value at any time.
- 23. Prizes are awarded at the discretion of Slay Network and no prizes will be awarded as a result of improper actions by or on behalf of any entrant.
- 24. Where a prize may not be appropriate for a younger contestant, the minimum age for entry will be stated in the Competition Notice and must be observed. Slay Network reserves the right to request written proof of age of any winner.
- 25. All taxes, from commissions will be the responsibility of the winner.
Intellectual Property Rights & Use of Entries
- 26. Slay Network does not, unless we agree this with you, claim any rights of ownership in your Entry. As such, you retain ownership and copyright, although Slay Network will be able to use Entries as set out in the Rules, you will also have the right to use your Entry in any way you choose. Where any Entry is to be used in a different way (e.g. we are asking to own this) this will be made clear in the Competition Notice and you will then be able to choose whether to enter the Competition.
- 27. In consideration of Slay Network agreeing to consider entrants to the Competition, each entrant hereby agrees that Slay Network (and third parties authorized by Slay Network) may make any and all Entries available in their publications and on their websites and any other media, whether now known or invented in the future. You now grant Slay Network (and third parties authorized by slay network) a non-exclusive, worldwide, irrevocable licence (for the full period of any rights in the Entry) to use, display, publish, transmit, copy, make derivative works from, edit, alter, store, re-format, sell and sub-licence the Entry for such purposes.
- 28. Slay Network does not guarantee to use or otherwise make available any Entry. Slay Network may, in appropriate circumstances, and at its sole discretion, reject, edit, remove or disable access to Entries that appear to be legally or otherwise problematic e.g. infringe the copyright or other intellectual property or privacy rights of others, are defamatory etc. or for any other reason.
- 29. Your entry and any information submitted by you must be personal to and relate specifically to you. You hereby warrant that your Entry and all information which you submit and/or distribute will not infringe the intellectual property, privacy or any other rights of any third party, and will not contain anything which is libellous, defamatory, obscene, indecent, harassing or threatening. If relevant, Slay Network reserves the right, but not the obligation, to screen, filter and/or monitor information provided by you and to edit, refuse to distribute or remove the same.
- 30. Slay Network cannot accept any responsibility for any damage, loss, injury or disappointment suffered by any entrant entering the Competition or as a result of accepting any prize. Slay Network is not responsible for any problems or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer on-line systems, servers, or providers, computer equipment or software, failure of any email or entry to be received on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet, telephone lines or at any web site, or any combination thereof, including any injury or damage to entrant’s or any other person’s computer or mobile telephone related to or resulting from participation in the Competition. Nothing shall exclude Slay Network’s liability for death or personal injury as a result of its negligence.
Data Protection and Publicity
- 31. Winners may be requested to take part in promotional activity and Slay Network reserves the right to use the names and addresses of winners in any publicity both in paper and online.
- 33. By providing Slay Network with your personal data you consent to Slay Network transferring your personal data to countries or jurisdictions which do not provide the same level of data protection as the UK. If Slay Network does make such a transfer it will, if appropriate, put a contract in place to ensure that your personal data is protected.
- 34. The Competition and Rules will be governed by English law and any disputes will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England. Where the site and/or the Interactive Services are accessed from Scotland or Northern Ireland, this Agreement shall be governed by the laws of Scotland or Northern Ireland respectively and you hereby submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Scottish courts or the courts of Northern Ireland respectively.
35 This contest is sponsored by the Slay Network alone and is not affiliated to any of the social network sites including facebook, Instagram, twitter or youtube.
Last updated: May 2017