A 4×4 vehicle is associated with tearing across tough trails. If you want to head into the wilderness, it’s a feature you need at your back.
Essentially, a 4×4 delivers power to each wheel independently. With four wheels acting under their own power, you’ll enjoy superior control and confidence across more testing terrain. With a conventional 2×4 system, half the wheels lack traction, so they contribute nothing during more challenging adventures.
When climbing a steep slope, crossing uneven ground, or navigating low-traction terrain, such as scree, sand, or snow, the 4×4 system keeps you on track.
Ford F-150 4×4 models can give you added confidence no matter where you are headed.
* The electronic shift-on-the-fly (ESOF) system allows drivers to select between 2WD or between two 4×4 drive modes (low or high).
* The Limited, Platinum, and Raptor trims provide the additional automatic 4WD mode. Consider a Ford F-150 4WD model today.
When you’re looking for a pickup, seek out a range of additional systems to optimize 4-wheel drive. For the latest Ford F-150, such features include:
* Hill Descent Control: For more self-assured performance when driving down sharp inclines.
* Electronic Locking Rear Differential: Locks wheels together, forcing them to turn in unison for superior traction.
Using the Ford F-150’s ESOF system, you can cycle at will between two 4-wheel-drive modes:
* High: Perfect for adding traction when you’re covering potentially slippery conditions at relatively high speeds.
* Low: Generates more torque to improve turning power in tougher spots. If you’re on a steep climb or pulling through dense mud, 4×4 Low is what you need.
To enhance off-road performance even further, the FX4 Off-Road Package offers:
* Off-Road Tuned Shock Absorbers
* Skid Plates
* “FX4 Off-Road” Decal
* Available 360-Degree Camera with Split-View Display
The Ford F-150 AWD system can also take your truck’s performance to the next level on the roads of Cumberland.
* The Intelligent All-Wheel Drive system features sensors that monitor road conditions as well as the speed and throttle of the vehicle .
* In response, Intelligent All-Wheel Drive sends torque and power where it is needed to keep you securely grounded in all weather conditions.
Discover the Worlds most expensive Ford Ranger
Source Don Johnson Motors