INGREDIENTS LIST FOR THE GRILLED SHRIMP AND CHORIZO APPETIZERS
* 1/2 pound medium shrimp (about 30 shrimp), raw, peeled and deveined
* 1 package of Spanish chorizo, sliced into 1/4-inch rounds
* 1 clove garlic, finely minced
* 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
* 1 tablespoon lemon juice
* 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
* 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley or cilantro
The roasted bell pepper soup
* 2 red bell peppers
* 1/2 cup crushed tomato
* 1/2 teaspoon sugar (optional)
* 1/2 teaspoon salt
* 1/4 teaspoon red chili pepper flakes, adjust to your taste
1. In a medium bowl, combine shrimp, garlic, Italian seasoning, lemon juice and olive oil; toss to coat well and marinate in the refrigerator for 30 minutes.
2. In the meantime, prepare the roasted bell pepper soup: Cut into quarters and remove seeds. Roast bell pepper in a hot cast iron skillet until charred all over. Transfer to a bowl and cover with plastic wrap until cool enough to handle. Peel and discard the skin. Transfer to a blender and add crushed tomato, salt, sugar and chili pepper flakes. Pulse until smooth and divide into shooter glasses. Set aside.
3. Skewer one shrimp and one round of chorizo onto wooden toothpicks or skewers. Repeat the same process with the remaining shrimp and chorizo.
4. Working in batches, heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Place a few skewers into the pan and sear on both sides until the shrimp are cooked through and the chorizo is lightly browned, about 3 to 4 minutes. Season with salt and pepper and arrange each skewer into a shooter glass with the roasted bell pepper soup. Garnish with fresh parsley or cilantro and serve immediately. Enjoy!
You have to try this shrimp cocktail
This shrimp cocktail sauce is orgasmic