Here’s a recipe for creating a deliciously spicy Nigerian Peppered Beef. This dish is popular in Nigeria and is often served at parties and other celebrations. It is usually a big hit due to its spicy, savory flavors, and juicy beef.
## The Best Nigerian Peppered Beef Recipe Ever
– 1 kg Beef (cut into bite-sized cubes)
– 4 Habanero Peppers (Ata Rodo)
– 2 large Red Bell Peppers
– 2 large Onions
– 4 cloves of Garlic
– 1 tablespoon Thyme
– 1 tablespoon Curry Powder
– 3 stock cubes
– Salt – To taste
– 1/2 cup Vegetable Oil
– Fresh Parsley (optional for garnishing)
1. First, marinate your beef with one finely chopped onion, 2 cloves of minced garlic, thyme, curry powder, a pinch of salt and 1 stock cube. Let it sit in the refrigerator for at least an hour, but ideally overnight.
2. In a pot, cook the marinated beef with just enough water to cover it, and let it simmer until it becomes tender. Save the resulting meat stock for later.
3. While the meat is cooking, blend the bell peppers, habanero peppers and 1 onion until it is smooth.
4. Heat up vegetable oil in a separate pan, and add the remaining chopped onion. Saute it until it becomes translucent, then add the remaining minced garlic and saute for another 30 seconds.
5. Add the blended pepper mix into the pan, and let it simmer until it reduces and the raw taste of the pepper is gone. This should take about 10 minutes.
6. Once the pepper mix is well fried, add the cooked beef pieces. Stir allowing the pepper mix to fully enter the beef.
7. Add the beef stock, remaining stock cubes and salt. Let it simmer on medium heat till the stock totally absorbs into the beef.
8. Your Nigerian peppered beef is ready!
You may garnish it with fresh parsley, and serve it hot with toothpicks. It makes a spectacular side dish that can be eaten alone as a snack, starter or as a side dish for your main course.
Enjoy this spicy Nigerian delight! Make sure to share photos of your Peppered Beef, using the hashtag #BestNigerianPepperedBeefEver. You definitely will be the talk of your foodie circle!