Ingredients (4 pancakes)
3 egg yolks
1 tbsp vegetable oil
1 tbsp milk
2 + 1/2 tbsp cake flour
1 tbsp corn starch
1/2 tsp baking powder
3 egg whites
3 + 1/2 tbsp sugar
1. Whisk egg yolks together with the oil and milk.
2. Sift in the cake flour, corn starch, and baking powder and mix to combine. Set aside.
3. Whip the egg whites until white and the bubbles have reduced in size.
4. Add the sugar a little at a time while beating. Once all the sugar has been added, continue whipping until the meringue is glossy and when the bowl is turned upside down, the meringue does not slide out. When the whisk is lifted, the peak goes up but flops over.
5. Add a bit of meringue into the egg yolk mixture and gently whisk it in. Add another part of meringue and mix. Be careful not to deflate the meringue.
6. Switch to a spatula and fold in the last parts of meringue.
7. Heat a non stick pan on very low heat. Since the pancake is so thick, the bottom could burn before the inside is fully cooked if the heat is too high.
8. Scoop the batter onto the pan and cook for 3 to 4 minutes or until the bottom is golden brown.
9. Flip the pancake over and continue cooking for 3 to 4 minutes or until done. You can cover with a lid to help keep in the steam. Touch the sides of the pancake to see it if it cooked. They should not be wet.
Hot concierge Tip
Don’t have a mixer? Use this hack in the video here