Like no place on Earth!!
The Myrtle beach safari Wild Encounters Tour – is an exclusive Safari Tour (reservations required).
Have unforgettable moments as you spend your day with an array of wildlife.
Meet Hercules the Liger, the World’s Largest big cat!
Feed Bubbles the 9,000 pound African elephant, play and interact with baby tiger cubs, watch an eagle soar, meet Ramses the resident cheetah, monkey around with great apes and so much more!
Please note that some tours do not include swimming with or riding on Bubbles. See below for more information regarding a VIP private encounter to swim with Bubbles and the tiger cubs.
Located at the 50 acre wildlife tropical preserve in South Myrtle Beach (not far from The Market Common), this is a once-in-a-lifetime experience and 3-hour guided tour that can only be had at Myrtle Beach Safari.
This experience is a fully-guided walking tour which is completely interactive.
ADVANCE RESERVATIONS ARE REQUIRED for the Wild Encounters Day Safari Tours (tour pricing begins at $339 per person plus tax and changes according to the season and availability). Digital upload photo packages are also available at an additional cost.
1. This is a “bucket list” experience that you’ll remember forever. For the protection of both guests and our amazing animal ambassadors, please note that: a. No children under the age of 6 are allowed on the tour b. No cameras, video cameras, GoPros, or cell phones are allowed
2. After purchasing your tour, you’ll receive an e-mail confirmation providing you with the address of the animal sanctuary and preserve, directions, and details on what to bring/what not to bring.
3. If you pre-purchase a digital upload photo package, during your tour, the professional photographers will take amazing, candid photographers and a short video of you and your group. You will need to purchase a digital upload photo package for each person who will be in the photos (please talk with staff ambassadors at check-in if you have questions).
4. After purchase, ALL reservations are non-refundable, but are fully transferable for up to one year. No exceptions.
5. Tours last approximately three hours and operate rain or shine. While uncommon, we reserve the right to reschedule or cancel tours.
6. Your Safari tour and/or Photo Encounter purchases at locations (either Myrtle Beach Safari or Preservation Station) will help support the Rare Species Fund (RSF), which provides infrastructure, training, education, and support for international conservation programs worldwide. To date, RSF has donated more than $1 million and countless hours of professional expertise, engagement, and hands-on training to grassroots conservation program worldwide. These programs ultimately help to conserve tigers, lions, elephants, gorillas, chimpanzees, and many more species in their natural habitats.
The minimum age for the Wild Encounters tour is 6 years old. This is due to the amount of time and attention needed to really enjoy the experience. The tour tends to be too long and contain too many necessary instructions for younger children. Children of any age, however, can visit our TIGERS Preservation Station in Barefoot Landing, North Myrtle Beach, where they will also have the opportunity to see and have a brief photo encounter with animals (fee applies for brief photo encounter).
Unfortunately, the Myrtle Beach Wild Encounters tour is not accessible for those with disabilities as we do not have the capacity to accommodate wheelchairs or walkers. The preserve is subject to the forces of nature and has uneven ground, logs, sand and uphill terrain. You must be able to walk/stand for 20 minutes and make your way up a flight of approximately 20 steps. (Needing assistance of a cane and/or family member is fine.) However, Preservation Station at Barefoot Landing in North Myrtle Beach is fully accessible for those with disabilities.
Expectant mothers are permitted to take the tour. This is an outside tour, so moms-to-be should keep in mind high temperatures during the summer months. Also keep in mind that you will be expected to sit on the ground for animal interactions, walk up and down a flight of 20 steps, and be able to stand/walk for 15-20 minutes at a time. You will be perfectly fine on this tour.
On the day of your Day Safari Tour, you’ll need to be at the wildlife preserve for the tour no later than 9 a.m. The tour will begin at 10 a.m. and will last approximately three hours. Exact departure time varies, as you will have the opportunity to look through all of the photos taken of your family/group and choose those you’d like to have printed.
On the day of your Night Safari Tour, you’ll need to be at the wildlife preserve for the tour no later than 6:30 p.m. (spring/fall), or 7pm (summer).
Tours are generally more popular during the summer months and holidays, and summer and holiday dates will sellout several weeks to months in advance. The off-season (spring and fall) are great times to visit, too. But, no matter the time of the year or the size of the tour, it is an intimate experience.
it’s raining, we recommend that you bring your own rain jacket/poncho and wear clothing you do not mind getting a little damp in.
Price: from $339 per person
VIP Private Encounters
Private encounters start at $5,000 for a group of up to four individuals. If you are interested in setting up a private encounter send an email titled “PRIVATE ENCOUNTER INQUIRIES” to Susan@73Deville.com.