🎉🍰 Breaking News: I Just Had the Best Ding Dong Cake Ever! 🎉🍰
Prepare to have your taste buds explode with delight because I’ve just experienced a dessert sensation like no other! Brace yourself for the ultimate indulgence—my mouthwatering encounter with the divine creation known as the Ding Dong Cake. 🤤✨
Imagine a moist, chocolatey cake that’s so decadent it could make even the most disciplined dieter weak in the knees. Now picture it filled with a luscious, velvety cream filling that oozes out with every heavenly bite. Are you drooling yet? 😋
But wait, it gets even better! Crowned with a silky-smooth chocolate ganache and adorned with delicate chocolate curls, this Ding Dong Cake is a true masterpiece. Each forkful is a symphony of flavors and textures, sending waves of delight through your senses.
Trust me when I say this isn’t just any ordinary cake—it’s a life-changing experience. The kind of treat that will make you question everything you thought you knew about desserts. One bite, and you’ll be transported to a world of pure bliss, where all your worries melt away.
So, whether you’re a dessert aficionado or just someone seeking a little taste of paradise, make sure you track down the best Ding Dong Cake in town. Prepare to have your taste buds forever grateful and your cravings forever satisfied. This is one culinary gem you simply cannot afford to miss! 🍰✨🔥
How to make it
For the chocolate cake
* 1 ¾ cups Flour
* 1 ¼ cups Granulated sugar
* 1 ½ teaspoon Baking powder
* ⅔ teaspoon Baking soda
* ½ cup Cocoa powder
* ½ teaspoon Kosher salt
* ½ cup Buttermilk
* ½ cup Vegetable oil
* 1 teaspoon Vanilla extract
* 2 Eggs
* ¾ cup Coffee hot
For the cream filling
* 5 tablespoon Flour
* 1 cup Granulated sugar
* 1 cup Milk
* 1 teaspoon Vanilla extract
* 230 g Butter unsalted, room temp
For the chocolate ganache
* 200 g Dark chocolate
* 200 g Heavy cream
Preheat the oven to 180 (350f) and prep two 8-inch baking pans with cooking spray and parchment paper.
Into a large mixing bowl, add the dry ingredients: flour, granulated sugar, kosher salt, baking powder, and baking soda, sift the cocoa powder, and mix with a whisk.
Add the buttermilk, vegetable oil, vanilla extract, and eggs, and mix until almost combined.
* Add the hot coffee and mix until just combined and there are no lumps of flour visible. The batter should be pretty runny and smooth.
* Divide the mixture into two 8-inch baking pans, I suggest using cake strips for even baking. (weight the batter for better results) and bake in a preheated oven for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. (You can also use a 9-inch cake pan)
* Let the cake cool completely before frosting so the frosting won’t melt off the cake.
Make the cream filling:
* Into a saucepan, add the flour, and sugar, and mix with a whisk until well combined.
* Add the milk and heat it over medium heat until the mixture simmers mixing constantly. After two minutes of the simmering mixture, it should thicken up. Remove it from the heat.
* Pour the milk mixture into a large baking pan and cover it with plastic wrap to prevent skin from forming. You will need to let the mixture cool completely so it wouldn’t melt the butter.
* Let the milk mixture chill in the fridge for at least an hour or 30 minutes in the freezer.
* Into a large mixing bowl, add the softened butter and vanilla extract and whip with an electric hand mixer or stand mixer with the balloon attachment for 2-3 minutes until smooth and fluffy.
* Add the cooled milk mixture and whip it for another 3-5 minutes over high speed. The filling should look similar to whipped cream.
Make the chocolate ganache
* Melt dark chocolate and heavy cream in a small to medium mixing bowl in the microwave for about 1 minute.
* Let the chocolate and the cream sit for 10 minutes for the chocolate to melt, then mix until the chocolate ganache is smooth and silky.
Assemble the cake
* Pipe a small dollop of the frosting on the surface that you will frost on. Lay the first cake layer over the frosting dot.
* Top the first cake layer with the cream filling and spread an even layer using a spatula.
* Top with the second cake layer and smooth out the sides.
* Top the cake with the chocolate ganache and smooth it out using an offset spatula making sure the entire cake is coated.
* Don’t skip the coffee in the cake, you can’t taste the coffee, it simply enhances the chocolate flavor.
* Use cake strips! Cake strips give you even and perfectly baked cake layers. Click here for the Amazon link.
* Use room temperature ingredients. It is important that you use room-temperature ingredients like eggs and butter. This step ensures that your mixture mixes into a homogenous mixture and bakes perfectly. you don’t want to place cold batter into the oven.
* Measure your flour correctly! When measuring your flour, avoid scooping it with a measuring cup. Instead, stir the flour with a spoon to create as many air pockets as possible, and spoon it into your measuring cup. Finally, level it with a back of a knife.
* Level if needed! If your cakes come out with a domed top you may need to level them using a serrated knife.
* Don’t overmix the batter, you don’t want to develop the gluten in the flour. This step ensures you have a moist cake and not a dense and dry cake.
* Line your baking pan with parchment paper! This step helps the cake to bake evenly, and it makes sure that your loaf cake will release easily from the pan.
* Be patient! I know it’s extremely tempting to frost this cake as it is pulled out of the oven, but let the cake cool for at least 1 hour so it will be firmer and won’t crumble up, and prevent the frosting from melting.
Saturated Fat: 17g
Polyunsaturated Fat: 6g
Monounsaturated Fat: 9g
Trans Fat: 1g
Vitamin A: 702IU
Vitamin C: 0.1mg
This ding dong cake will take you to the next level
This ding dong cake will take you to heaven
Orgasmic ding dong cake
Source Rich and Delish