This Glazed Lemon Monkey Bread recipe from The Recipe Rebel is going to be your new favorite sweet treat. It is the perfect combination of a buttery bun dough that gets rolled in a delicious lemon sugar. Then you bake it to perfection in the oven and drizzle a thick lemon glaze on it.
This recipe is really the perfect make ahead breakfast, brunch, or dessert that your family will love
*I used one full batch of my homemade bun dough (bread machine and stand mixer instructions included!). You could also use bought bun dough (which you can usually find in the freezer section of the grocery store), homemade biscuit dough (like I use in the Cinnamon Roll Bites) if you don’t want to deal with yeast dough, or you could use store-bought biscuit dough (found in tubes in the refrigerated section). You can make it as quick or as homemade as you want!
Servings 12 servings
* 1 batch homemade bun dough
* 4 tbsp butter melted
* 1/2 cup granulated sugar
* 4 tsp grated lemon zest about 2 lemons
* 4 tbsp melted butter
* 1 cup powdered icing sugar
* Juice of 2 lemons
* Grease a large bundt pan well and set aside.
* In a small bowl put the 4 tbsp melted butter. In another small bowl, combine the ½ cup sugar and lemon zest.
* Roll bun dough into 1” balls and dip first in butter and then cover in lemon sugar mixture. Place in greased bundt pan. When all the dough has been used, cover with plastic wrap or a clean kitchen towel, and set in the fridge overnight (OR just let it rise on the counter for 1-2 hours and bake that day).
* Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Remove plastic wrap or towel from the bundt pan and bake, uncovered for 55-65 minutes. If your top buns are browning too quickly, place a piece of tin foil over top after 30-40 minutes and continue baking.
* Glaze:Combine all glaze ingredients. Drizzle immediately over monkey bread or let sit for 30 minutes for a thicker glaze (the butter will begin to firm back up and will give the monkey bread a thicker coating of glaze).
* Serve warm or room temperature.
*If you’re using biscuit dough, you won’t have to let it rise before baking. You can preheat the oven as you’re putting it together and bake immediately.