yield: 6 SERVINGS
prep time: 20 MINUTES
cook time: 10 MINUTES
total time: 30 MINUTES
Amazingly crisp chicken bites drizzled with sweet chili mayo – so good, you’ll want to double or triple the recipe!
* 1/2 cup vegetable oil, or more, as needed
* 1 cup buttermilk
* 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
* 1/2 cup cornstarch
* 1 large egg
* 1 tablespoon hot sauce
* Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
* 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch chunks
* 1 cup Panko*
FOR THE SAUCE
* 1/4 cup mayonnaise
* 2 tablespoons sweet chili sauce
* 1 tablespoon honey
* 2 teaspoons Frank’s Hot Sauce
* To make the sauce, whisk together mayonnaise, sweet chili sauce, honey and Frank’s Hot Sauce in a small bowl; set aside.
* Heat vegetable oil in a large skillet over medium high heat.
* In a large bowl, whisk together buttermilk, flour, cornstarch, egg, hot sauce, salt and pepper, to taste.
* Working one at a time, dip chicken into buttermilk mixture, then dredge in Panko, pressing to coat.
* Working in batches, add chicken to the skillet and cook until evenly golden and crispy, about 2-3 minutes. Transfer to a paper towel-lined plate.
* Serve immediately, drizzled with sweet chili sauce.
*Panko is a Japanese-style breadcrumb and can be found in the Asian section of your local grocery store.