These oven baked yam chips right here are very addictive and healthy when eaten in moderation. I was feeling peckish the other day and I didn’t want to open a packet of crisps because I have now decided to start watching my height again. Hahaha! I made my own garlic and salted baked yam chips.
All you need to make this easy peasy healthy snacks is you, your puna yam or any other kind of yam, a sharp knife or grater and any spices of choice, oh and oven and if you font have an oven, simply fry the yam chips and eat less, lol
What you will need
2tbsp veg oil (I used garlic infused oil)
* Preheat the oven at 180 or 200
* Peel the puna yam and cut length ways or cross ways and slice them thinly with a knife or a mandolin slicer.
* Add the sliced yam pieces to a bowl, add enough water to cover, add salt to taste, sugar and leave for about half an hour or longer.
* Drain the water from the yam and place the sliced yam on a kitchen towel to drain out excess moisture
* Place a baking sheet in a baking tray and rub with a tablespoon of oil, spread the sliced yam on the tray and rub with another tablespoon oil then place in an oven and bake for 15-25 minutes or till it is well baked.
Take the yam chips out of the oven and place in a bowl, toss in some sugar and salt and leave to cool and enjoy with any other dip of choice.
If you have a grill Grill/roast the yam instead, it’s super Delish!