Congratulations! You’re engaged! Now you have so many things to do and plan––it feels overwhelming! Right?!
Well, let’s talk about it. All your life you’ve dreamed about the Big Day: your beautiful princess dress, Cinderella shoes, big ballroom, flowers, your family and friends, food, dancing, fun… Where to start?
Let’s be honest: the flowers will be thrown away the next day. The food will be good, but all eaten. But what about the dancing? Don’t you want people to talk forever about how much fun they had dancing at your wedding and how great your first dance with your husband was? Wouldn’t that make it special?! I say Yes!
1. Start to look for wedding dance lessons right away. You want to give yourself time to start early
2. Pick the most important song for your first dance as a husband and wife––one that is meaningful to both of you.
3. Go for professional dance lessons! Make it special––it’s worth the investment! Dancing takes up 2/3 of your entire wedding. You don’t want your guest to be bored, right?!
4. Tell your parents to take dance lessons with you! It is you that’s getting married, but they should be prepared to look good too!
5. Get a good pair of dance shoes to change into. You don’t want your feet to hurt the rest of the night:)
1. Don’t put off dance lessons until the last minute. You don’t want to look like robots on your special day when your friend Kerri had her first dance on YouTube and it was a major hit!
2. Don’t say you don’t need dance lessons and you will just do the prom sway. Your song will be 4 minutes long––your guests will be bored!
3. Don’t try to learn from YouTube! Dancing is an illusion, if anyone could learn from a video, there would be no dance studios around. Be safe and don’t try it at home 🙂
4. Don’t let anyone pick your song for you! You first dance represent your love and your story! Make it special!
5. Don’t think that you can’t do it! At Arthur Murray Dance Studios, we can help you get started with your wedding dance and make it last a lifetime! After all, we do have 104 years of experience! (We look good for our age, don’t we?)
By Arthur Murray Dance Center
Watch the video for some inspiration!
If your looking for the perfect 2nd dress click here