The principal part of a magnificent Classical early 18th century Grade II listed manor house complete with fine period interior and attractive gardens.
Originally built in 1711 by a wealthy wool merchant and subsequently extended in 1840 by John Smith.
Located at the end of a straight tree-lined avenue, Shaw House is designed in Classical style and constructed of ashlar stone with a combination of stone and slate roof. The striking facade incorporates 12 pane sashes, a cornice and a central pediment with an oval wreathed oculus along with a parapet with balustrade. It is complimented by a two storey 1840 wing which has a Dutch gable with oculus and urn finials to the parapet. The wing to the right of the front was remodelled in the 18th century and comprises two storeys with attic.
Beautiful Georgian Architecture
Landscaped gardens & grounds extending to to approx 6 acres
Elegant interiors with extensive & fine period features
Spacious and free-flowing accommodation
Guide price £4 million/ $5.5 million
To purchase contact Savills at