Christmas is just around the corner. We can almost touch it.
Are you excited? I really hope you are enthusiastic about the fun to come and not too stressed. I know the holidays can be taxing and full of demands. So many things to do and not enough time – cooking, baking, and struggling to maintain a healthy lifestyle when there are so many temptations around. I want you to be able to enjoy the holidays without the added stress, and I also want you to be healthy. Let me take care of the healthy holiday recipes for you, leaving you to enjoy the other good things about the season.
Use this Healthy Holiday Recipes list to create a nutritious and delicious menu worthy of any celebration. Look here for healthy holiday recipes including entrées, side dishes, and delectable desserts that are wholesome, clean-eating, and easy to make. From breakfast on Christmas morning to appetizers on New Year’s Eve, this list will make sure you have an enjoyable holiday season!
Meals built around celebrations are always an expression of love, but are usually loaded with sugar, fat, carbs, and ingredients that are not nutritional, nor good for you. Well, not anymore. I’ve got you covered! These Christmas recipes are healthy, clean-eating approved, and light. While still being totes delicious. Obviously.
This list is perfect for last-minute planning and it will save you loads of time. No need to search for the ideal recipe to suit every taste. You have everything you need here, in one place. And to start it all off, I have listed the tools you need to make cooking and baking fun, yet efficient. Then, there are my 3 top tips for a healthy holiday meal.
After that? The best list ever to get your healthy holiday recipe planning off to an awesome start.
Shall we begin now?
TOOLSET FOR CHRISTMAS RECIPES
What tools and kitchen essentials do you need to make holiday meal prep a breeze? The tools I can’t do without are listed here:
* Start with a baking sheet because you will need it more than ever this time of the year. For cookies, of course. But also for roasting veggies.
* Get your saucepan ready because the holiday season requires hot drinks and… cranberry sauce. And cinnamon apples. YUM.
* You’ll need mixing bowls for pretty much anything baking and cooking related.
* Mason jars are perfect for breakfast in a jar or for storing healthy cookies.
* Loaf pan – say no more! Essential for ice cream (yes, you can make ice cream in a loaf pan!) and for holiday breads.
* During the holidays, you’ll probably rely on casserole dishes to prep sides for the entire family. So, you’ll definitely need a casserole dish.
* Is your blender ready for the season’s yummiest meals and desserts? It should be!
* To make some of the healthy holiday recipes I’ve listed, you’ll need a large fry pan or a large skillet.
* For turkey leftovers, make sure you have a stock pot because turning those leftovers into a delicious soup is the best way to enjoy them.
* I really recommend putting your food processor to work. It’s very useful and it makes baking and cooking a snap.
* For healthy homemade pies, a pie plate is a must-have.
TIPS FOR MAKING HOLIDAY MEALS EXTRA DELICIOUS
Healthy holiday recipes are even better when you follow these tips:
* If you’re hosting Christmas dinner, choose scrumptious holiday dishes that are quick and easy to prep.
* To make these seasonal dishes nutritious, look for healthy alternatives. Coconut sugar is a great replacement for white refined sugar. Coconut oil is better for you than butter. Whole wheat flour or paleo flours such as coconut flour and almond flour are healthier than all-purpose flour and they are great in Christmas recipes. Particularly in desserts.
* Make a list of healthy holiday recipes and stick to it. It will make prepping and cooking the celebration meal easier and stress-free. The holiday recipes on this list are all easy to make BTW, so it’s a great starting point!
HEALTHY HOLIDAY BREAKFASTS
Start the day off right with a healthy breakfast to give you energy for a busy day! Whether you prep it the night before or pull hot muffins out of the oven, a holiday breakfast is a real treat.
* Paleo Apple Muffins With Crunchy Crumb Topping
* 5 Minute Pumpkin Pie Overnight Oats
* Chocolate Quinoa Breakfast Bowl
* Apple Cinnamon Oat Bran Pancakes
* Baked Eggs in Spaghetti Squash Nests
* Perfect Avocado Toast
HEALTHY HOLIDAY DRINKS
One of the first things you do when a guest walks through the door is offer a delicious holiday drink. Try one of these:
* Light & Healthy Non-Alcoholic Eggnog
* (Better Than Starbucks!) Homemade Eggnog Latte
* Easy Homemade Hot Apple Cider
* Homemade Pumpkin Spice Latte
* How to Make Homemade Soda
HEALTHY HOLIDAY APPETIZERS
It’s always wonderful to have nutritional but extra special munchies on hand. Veggies and dip and fruit, meat, and cheese platters are the best!
* Caramelized Onion Dip
* Homemade Pimento Cheese Spread
* Kalamata Olive Tapenade
* Garlic Stuffed Mushrooms
* Healthy Meat and Cheese Platter
* Best Crab Cakes With Lemon-Dill Aioli
* Crispy Bacon-Wrapped Shrimp Jalapeno Poppers
HEALTHY HOLIDAY ENTRÉES
And now, off to the star of the show, the entrée! These are a few of the entrées my guests love:
* No-Fail Thanksgiving Turkey
* Roast Beef
* Easy Turkey Noodle Soup
* Braised Short Ribs
* Rack of Lamb
* Healthy General Tso Chicken
* Slow Cooker Hot and Sour Soup
* Easy Pan Seared Scallops
* Spaghetti Squash Pad Thai
* Baked Sea Bass and Zucchini
* Slow Cooker Cashew Chicken
HEALTHY HOLIDAY SIDES
I think the right side dishes are what makes a meal a success. These healthy holiday recipes not only taste amazing, but have tons of nutrients, too:
* Healthy Green Bean Casserole
* How to Make Roasted Acorn Squash
* Parmesan Mashed Potatoes
* Mashed Sweet Potatoes
* Healthy Sweet Potato Casserole
* Homemade Cranberry Sauce
* Thanksgiving Stuffing
* My Go-To Healthy Homemade Turkey Gravy Recipe
* Healthy Roasted Sweet Potatoes With Coconut Oil
* Sweet Cornbread
* Garlic Parmesan Green Beans
HEALTHY HOLIDAY DESSERTS
I always leave room for dessert. After all, I love a clean-eating, good-for-you treat! Try one of these:
* 3 Ingredient Pistachio Dark Chocolate Bark
* 15-Minute EASY Pumpkin Ice Cream
* 5-Ingredient Coconut Oil Pie Crust Recipe
* Healthy Pecan Pie
* How to Make Healthy Sweet Potato Pie
* How to Make Healthy Banana Nut Bread
* Healthy Cinnamon Rolls With Maple Greek Yogurt Glaze
* Healthy Cinnamon Apples
* Easy Chocolate Peanut Butter Fudge
* Healthy Homemade Eggnog Ice Cream
* Quick and Easy Quinoa Peanut Brittle
* Easy Paleo 7 Layer Bars
* Healthy Lemon Bars (With No Refined Sugar!)
For premium Slay Fitness artisan supplements CLICK HERE