1. Lie on the floor face down and place your hands closer than shoulder width for a close hand position. Make sure that you are holding your torso up at arms’ length.
2. Lower yourself until your chest almost touches the floor as you inhale.
3. Using your triceps and some of your pectoral muscles, press your upper body back up to the starting position and squeeze your chest. Breathe out as you perform this step.
4. After a second pause at the contracted position, repeat the movement for the prescribed amount of repetitions.
* If you are new at this exercise and do not have the strength to perform it, you can either bend your legs at the knees to take off resistance or perform the exercise against the wall instead of the floor.
* For the most advanced lifters, you can place your feet at a high surface such as a bench in order to increase the resistance.
Click here for our top recommended health and fitness supplements