Monica Lewinsky made headlines in Jerusalem on Monday — shutting down a live television interview after being asked about her sex scandal with former President Clinton.
“I’m sorry, I’m not going to be able to do this,” said the ex-White House intern, just moments before taking off her mic and walking off stage.
The 45-year-old had just given a speech at the Jerusalem Convention Center when she sat down for the interview with Channel 2 News anchor Yonit Levi.
“Do you still expect that apology? A personal apology?” Levi asked, in reference to comments Clinton made earlier this year, in which he claimed he didn’t owe Lewinsky an apology.
Questions about the 1998 scandal had been “off-limits,” according to Lewinsky.
“There were clear parameters about what we would be discussing and what we would not,” she said in a statement. “When she asked me it on stage, with blatant disregard for our agreement, it became clear to me I had been misled. I left because it is more important than ever for women to stand up for themselves and not allow others to control their narrative.”
Channel 2 thanked Lewinsky for her appearance in a statement obtained by The Jerusalem Post, but didn’t apologize.