Sticky, savory and sweet glazed chicken on a bed of fluffy white rice— promise you won’t get sick of it until day 29 if eaten every day.
1. 8-10 chicken wings/drums or similar amount of chicken thighs
2. 1 whole garlic clove (use cloves whole)
3. 1 tbsp honey
4. 2 Thai chilis for spice, chopped (optional)
5. 3 slices of ginger minced
6. 1/3 cup soy sauce
7. 1/3 cup sesame oil
8. 1/3 cup shao xing wine
9. 1 tsp dark soy sauce
10. 1 tbsp chopped preserved mustard greens (optional, but encouraged)
11. pinch of five spice
12. 4-5 dried chilis
13. 2 tbsp neutral oil
14. 7-8 Thai basil leaves
HOW TO DO IT
1. Heat wok with oil to medium low heat. Add garlic, ginger, mustard greens, + chilis for a minute.
2. Turn heat to medium high and add chicken to your wok, make sure you don’t crowd the chicken and it has enough space for each piece in the wok. Sear the chicken until it’s light brown in color, add sesame oil, shao xing, both soy sauces, honey + five spice.
3. Turn the heat to low and simmer for 15-20 minutes, stirring occasionally or until the sauce has reduced and has thickened to a beautiful brown sticky glaze over your chicken.
4. Add in the basil and quickly stir fry on medium heat for 30-40 seconds. Serve on a bed of fluffy rice!