As featured in this weeks @countrylifemagazine
An exemplar of Georgian elegance.
Gatcombe House is an incredibly attractive Grade II* listed country house of classical design which enjoys an exceptional position with far reaching views overlooking a secluded part of the Medina Valley. Although incorporating part of an earlier Elizabethan building the main section was constructed in 1751 and is an elegant example of Georgian architecture with a spectacular ashlar façade and central stone pediment. In keeping with its classical era, the house has a remarkably easy flow of rooms that all benefit from high ceilings and lovely proportions making it perfect for entertaining. Combined with a large family kitchen, Gatcombe House is also presented as a charming family home and has been beautifully preserved by the current owner.
The house’s outstanding presence created by its grand elevations is gracefully complemented by the array of period features including large windows with fine sash windows, intricate cornicing, handsome chimneypieces, traditional radiators and ornate door casings and pediments within the reception rooms.
In the autumn months the Virginia creeper which adorns the eastern front turns an eye catching red and in the spring the parkland scenery is awash with a bed of spring daffodils and bulbs.
Key Features :
– Grade II* listed country house of classical design
– Far reaching views overlooking the Medina Valley
– Swimming pool and tennis court with pavilion
– Grade II listed old stable block with converted coach house and further cottage
– Further outbuildings, garaging and agricultural buildings
– Staff Flat within the main house
– Formal gardens, parkland, woodland and ornamental lake
Guide price £5,950,000/ $8,300,000
To purchase contact Savills at