Concierge Price: $198,000
The quintessence Ducati. Unparalleled technology and passion in a limited edition for true connoisseurs. With the 1299 Superleggera, Ducati takes the world of road Supersport bikes to levels that were unheard of until now: the Superleggera is the first ever factory bike to be equipped with a carbon fibre frame, swingarm, subframe and wheels. The 1299 Superleggera is a gem of engineering, technology and performance. No motorcycle manufacturer has ever produced a factory bike quite like it.
• EXEMPLARE: #180/500
• MILEAGE: 0 km and not registered.
• LOCATION: our workshop in Italy.
• PRICE: VAT Included
With the 1299 Superleggera, Ducati has achieved off-the-scale style, sophistication and performance. Frame and swingarm, made entirely of carbon fibre just like the high-spec wheels, are unique to the 1299 Superleggera. The fairing – also made of carbon fibre – is another key element: but only one of many in an astounding bike that could only ever have been built by Ducati – a manufacturer with racing DNA.
And underneath that carbon fibre skin lies the highest-performing version of the Superquadro. Thanks to its 215 hp, the desmodromic engine on the 1299 Superleggera is the most powerful factory twin-cylinder ever built; it incorporates the ultimate levels of Ducati technology.
What makes the 1299 Superleggera even more exclusive is the new electronics package which uses a 6-axis Inertial Measurement Unit (6D IMU) to manage the incomparable array of electronic controls. This system has allowed us to improve the Ducati Traction Control EVO (DTC EVO) presented on the 1299 Panigale S Anniversario thanks to the introduction of Ducati Slide Control (DSC), which ensures even higher out-of-the-corner performance. The 1299 Superleggera is also the first ever Ducati Superbike to be equipped with Ducati Power Launch (DPL) and also features the Engine Brake Control (EBC) seen on previous versions.
Keeping the explosive performance of the 1299 Superleggera under control is also a newly calibrated Bosch Cornering ABS system that ensures matchless braking in complete safety.
The 1299 Superleggera has the word ‘exclusive’ written all over it, even when it comes to the number being made: only 500 such bikes are to be built – and they’re already sold out! Together with the motorcycle, purchasers get a track kit which includes a complete Akrapovič titanium racing exhaust, a racing screen, plate holder removal kit, kickstand removal kit, machined-from-solid mirror replacement plugs, front and rear paddock stands and a bike cover
COMPLETE GENUINE DUCATI RACE KIT
• Complete titanium Akrapovic racing exhaust with high dual silencer
• Bike cover
• Front and rear paddock stand
• Plate holder removal kit
• Racing screen
• Kickstand removal kit
• Multi-adjustable Öhlins FL936 upside down 43 mm fork
• Multi-adjustable Öhlins TTX36 shock absorber with titanium spring
• Brembo MCS 19.21 radial front pump
• Brembo TT29OP1 brake pads
• Superquadro engine with 215 hp at 11,000 rpm and 14.9 kgm at 9,000 rpm
• 6D Inertial Measurement Unit (IMU) by Bosch
• Ducati Traction Control EVO (DTC EVO)
• Ducati Slide Control (DSC)
• Ducati Wheelie Control EVO (DWC EVO)
• Engine Brake Control (EBC)
• Bosch Cornering ABS
• Ducati Power Launch (DPL)
• Ducati Quick Shift (DQS) up/down
• Dedicated switchgear controls to adjust DTC, DSC, DWC and EBC during on-track use