The reason I made these pancakes is simple: I love white chocolate macadamia nut cookies. In all seriousness, this pancake recipe is ridiculously simple. And if you love white chocolate macadamia nut cookies you simply must make them. Cookies for breakfast? I’ve done it before and I’ll do it again. You seem to be in full support.
Fluffy vegan pancakes with all the flavor of a white chocolate macadamia nut cookie.
Author: Minimalist Baker
Recipe type: Breakfast
Serves: 2; about 7 pancakes
* 1 cup flour*
* 1 Tbsp sugar
* 1 Tbsp baking powder
* pinch salt
* 1 cup light vanilla soy milk*
* 1 1/2 Tbsp canola oil
* 1 tsp vanilla
* 4 Tbsp dairy-free white chocolate chips
* 3 Tbsp macadamia nuts, lightly chopped
1. Preheat griddle or skillet to medium heat.
2. Combine wet ingredients in a large bowl. Then add dry ingredients to a sifter and sift into the wet (excluding white chocolate and macadamia nuts).
3. Stir batter until just combined and no large lumps remain, then add white chocolate chips and macadamia nuts and stir. Let batter rest for 5 minutes.
4. Spoon 1/4-cup measurements onto a lightly greased griddle. Flip when bubbles appear on top or the edges look dry, then cook for 1-2 minutes more.
5. Serve with vegan butter and agave nectar or maple syrup, or a few more white chocolate chips.
*Use any combination of flour you want, though I would recommend whole-wheat pastry or unbleached all-purpose.
*Sub any non-dairy milk you prefer.