How does one remember their earliest memory of a s’more? This, I do not know. But what I do know is that it surely was love at first bite for s’mores and me.
These pancakes are WOW, just WOW.
It requires 10 ingredients and 1 bowl.
Takes about 20 minutes from start to finish.
Is vegan and contains whole wheat flour.
Tastes JUST like a s’more, only in pancake form.
Would be perfect for kiddos, adults, foodies and non-foodies alike.
The only requirement for liking these pancakes is that you must like s’mores. Everybody on board? Good, let’s proceed.
Fluffy vegan pancakes made with whole wheat flour and bursting with s’mores flavor thanks to graham cracker crumbs, vegan marshmallows, and melty semisweet chocolate.
Author: Minimalist Baker
Recipe type: Breakfast, Dessert
Serves: 2 generously
* scant 1 cup whole-wheat pastry flour or unbleached all-purpose
* 2 Tbsp graham flour (or finely crushed graham crackers) + more for topping
* 1 heaping Tbsp sugar (I used organic)
* 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
* pinch sea salt
* 1 cup unsweetened almond milk
* 1 heaping Tbsp melted non-dairy butter, melted (I like Earth Balance)
* 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
* 3 Tbsp non-dairy semisweet chocolate chips + more for topping
* 3 Tbsp vegan marshmallows for topping
1. Preheat an electric skillet to 300 degrees F (148 C) or a warm a large skillet over medium heat.
2. Add flour, graham flour, sugar, baking powder and sugar to a large mixing bowl and whisk.
3. Pour almond milk into a large liquid measuring cup, then add vanilla and melted butter and whisk.
4. Add wet to dry and stir until just combined and no large lumps remain. If the batter appears a bit too thick, add another Tbsp or 2 of almond milk; it doesn’t have to be exact.
5. Lastly, stir in chocolate chips and let batter rest for 5 minutes before cooking.
6. Grease skillet with non-dairy butter and scoop 1/4 cup measurements onto the surface, dropping a couple more chocolate chips on top if any look sparse.
7. Cook until bubbles appear on top and the edges begin to dry. Cook for an additional 2-3 minutes on the other side and then transfer on a serving plate.
8. Once all pancakes are cooked, preheat the oven to low broil and position an oven rack on the second to top rack.
9. Arrange your pancakes as you will be serving them on 2-3 plates and top with mini marshmallows. I set mine upright so they wouldn’t roll off. Place under broiler to toast marshmallows, being careful not to walk away as it will happen quickly.
10. Once browned, carefully remove pancakes from oven using a towel or hot pad and sprinkle with a few more chocolate chips and a bit of crushed graham crackers. Devour immediately. Store any leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to a couple days.