First thing. Over mixing is your enemy! Don’t laugh it is real. You can destroy a properly made mixture by simply over mixing.
Second might be a personal thing but I figured out that I can form much prettier pancakes when I put the dough (once done) back into the fridge. I have no idea what it does to the dough but my pancakes look prettier when I do it.
* ¼ cup coconut Flour
* ¼ cup almond flour
* ½ cup coconut milk
* 1 tbsp ground flax seed (substitute with 1.5 tbsp Chia seeds soaked in water)
* 1 tsp vanilla extract
* 2 tsp baking powder
* ¼ cup vegan chocolate drops (more if you are a chocoholic)
* ½ banana, sliced
* ½ tsp Coconut Oil for frying
1. First we make our “egg substitute flaxegg”
2. Put the flax seed (or alternately the Chia seeds) in a small bowl and whisk together with half of the coconut milk (1/4 cup)
3. Set aside to thicken for 10 minutes
4. Combine all ingredients except the chocolate chips in a mixer until smooth.
5. Place in the fridge for 10 minutes.
6. Heat the oil in a small pan on medium heat.
7. While the pan is heating up, add the chocolate chips to the pancake batter. Stir gently.
8. When the pan´s hot enough, start frying your pancakes by using approx. two tbsp. of the dough for one Pancake.( Tip: Use an Icecream scoop!!)
9. Fry for about 2-3 Minutes or when bubbles appear. Flip over!
10. For the Toppings, simply slice half of the banana and decorate
11. Finally, top your pancakes with as much chocolate spread as you like.