The most light, fluffy and delicious vegan pancakes You’ve ever tasted! No bananas, no fuss.
These pancakes are:
* Tested and approved gluten-free version (simply sub gluten-free flour mix)
* Refined sugar-free
* Soy-free and nut-free (use coconut milk or other suitable dairy-free milk)
* Easy to make and ready in minutes!
* 90 g plain white flour or white spelt flour
* 1 tbsp arrowroot powder or cornstarch
* 1 tsp baking powder
* 3 tbsp maple syrup
* 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
* 120 ml dairy-free milk
* 2 tbsp vegetable oil
* maple syrup
* Fresh fruit we used figs
* 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
* 1/8 tsp ground cardamom
* Zest of 1 orange
1. Heat a dry frying pan on a low heat. A small non-stick works best but use your first try to assess if you need to add a small amount of oil.
2. Mix the dry ingredients together in a large bowl.
3. Stir in the wet ingredients until well combined and the texture is runny but thick.
4. Ladle approximately 1/4 cup of the batter onto the dry pan and cook for 20-30 seconds before carefully flipping onto the other side. Cook for another 20-30 seconds.
5. Repeat with the rest of the batter.
6. Serve and enjoy!
*You can also use gluten-free plain flour. I tested the recipe with Dove’s Farm Gluten-free mix and they tasted great. However, they are slightly paler in colour and didn’t rise quite as well. Still delicious though!